The Food Studio is a multi-faceted facility that offers a commercial kitchen, meeting and dining space and a warm, European environment. It offers public and private cooking classes and has become an event space that is limited only by ones imagination.
The Food Studio was incorporated in July 2006. Programming began with a “Cooking Camp for Kids”, which has become our only regular summer programming with an expansion to include a Teen Only Camp for Alumni and other interested Teens. Since then, the Studio has offered cooking and baking classes, guest chef dining events and has hosted many private functions.
Our facility is fully licensed and can accommodate up to 45 people in a variety of set ups: meetings and presentations, receptions, formal and informal classes, and sit-down dinners.
Our vision is to foster the natural passion people have for food and their hunger for knowledge about all things related to food.
- to offer the public accurate and professionally-led classes on food-related topics;
- to provide a wholesome and warm atmosphere where people feel at home;
- to highlight locally-developed and produced food products.
Our main streams of activity include:
- educational programming;
- local product exposure and product development;
- on and off-site catering;
- space rental for commercial and private video productions, television shows and private functions.
We are members of the Manitoba Food Producers Association (MFPA) , Assiniboine Chamber of Commerce and support several local charities in the health care industry.
Principle contact: Maria Abiusi, (204) 230-7500 or 888-FOOD